Thursday, July 11, 2024

SO THE WHOLE MEETING WAS ACTUALLY A SET UP?

Back on Monday I posted what I viewed as the purpose at that time of the proposed (by Nathan) meeting initially between he and I with the later addition of Eric Schwindt and mayor Shantz.  I felt that it was just councillors wanting to defend their positions and actions regarding Lanxess Canada and the non cleanup of our aquifers and Creek (Canagagigue). I considered (foolishly) that they might even want to discuss the latest junk science claiming "asymptotic behaviour" was the reason that they could not achieve drinking water standards in our aquifers. Later  Monday I had begun to realize who I was dealing with and that he who goes into a meeting fully knowing everybody's Agenda and is fully prepared for that as well as their own Agenda, will emerge with some positives from the meeting. Now I believe that Nathan had e-mailed me via the Reply button on my e-mail to him and council titled "Public Denunciation".  Hence perhaps Nathan thought that that title was sufficient notice to me as to what the purpose of the meeting was. He certainly did not clarify or specify within the text of his e-mail.

Regardless I thought it over and was not keen on a two or three on one bitching session . Until Mark K. decided to attend with me I was ready not to accept Nathan's invite. However when Mark agreed to attend while most of the rest of the former CPAC members were not interested remotely in talking to Nathan and colleagues, I changed my mind. Mark has a serious message and this seemed like an opportunity to lay it on some Woolwich councillors.

Now keep in mind all three (Nathan, Eric & Sandy) were attentive and respectful during Mark's presentation including asking pertinent questions. Eric and Mayor Shantz had to depart for further township business whereas Nathan then made his second ill advised attempt to  "correct" me.  The first was at the start of the meeting which I had quickly diverted into introducing Mark etc.  Now at no time did Eric or Sandy join Nathan's brief nonsense but it does seem clear that they were cognizant of the plan to do so. Bad idea but they were smart enough to adjust on the fly whereas Nathan clearly wasn't, including a later evening e-mail..  A five minute wonder with endless B/S can smoke people less knowledgeable of the facts than he but certainly not those who are much more lnowledgeable than he. Another five or ten years and he could be a serious threat to the public interest here in Woolwich Township.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment