Monday, July 31, 2023

ARE THE REGION SPEAKING TO THE CONTAMINATION FOUND UNDER CHURCH ST THIS TUESDAY?

 I wish I could confirm that information passed on to me recently. I've been on-line twice looking at the Agenda for this Tuesday's Committee of the Whole meeting of Woolwich Council. I don't see anything on the Agenda even remotely suggesting a Delegation or Presentation by the Region of Waterloo yet my reliable source tells me otherwise. Is this just one more way to keep these issues on the downlow? i.e. don't put them on the Agenda until the last minute if at all.

My experience is that sometimes the size of the whopper is in direct proportion to the size of the audience present. Hence if the Region do not see many at this Council meeting, which I believe is now supposed to be open for the public without the asinine pre-registering,  then they might be encouraged to continue to bluff their way forward. On the other hand maybe they've already decided to bite the bullet and realize that the only thing worse than admitting that Uniroyal Chemical's contamination indeed migrated off-site more than just to the south-west would be to be caught red handed lying about it. Personally I and our authorities know that Uniroyal's contamination leaked eastwards onto the Stroh farm and probably westwards onto the former Nutrite/Yara property. No surprise to me if it also leaked off-site northwards.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment