Monday, January 31, 2022

LATEST TAG & RAC DATES

Well I doublechecked my calendar and my notes taken during last Thursday's Zoom meeting (TAG) and it turns out that the two new dates I have are both for TAG (Technical Advisory Group) namely February 24 and March 24/22 both at 6:30 pm. Now I'm beginning to think that if I've missed the next RAC (Remediation Advisory Committee) meeting then I might just check Woolwich Towmship's website and see if I can find it there. Based on experience and memory I know that RAC have sometimes gone with only one or two meetings in an entire year. This I can assure Sandy and Woolwich Council: Lanxess and the Ministry of Environment (MOE/MECP) sincerely thank you for relieving them of the burden of facing justifiably angry and upset local citizens (Elmira & Woolwich not K-W) on a regular (monthly) and ongoing basis. ................................................................................................................... Bluntly put RAC are a waste of chairs and credibility. Those alleged "stakeholders" are mostly a bunch of politicians and bureaucrats going through the motions while carefully not rocking the boat. I would love to know the last time that RAC dug in their heels on any issue whatsoever and insisted that Chemtura/Lanxess do more. Yes sometimes the TAG attendees say good things but get nowhere doing so. Some day Elmira, Ontario will be the poster child for sham public consultation combined with the cheapest, least effective environmental remediation possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment