Wednesday, January 19, 2022

WELL MAYBE ON OCCASION A WOOLWICH VOLUNTEER CAN GET SOME LOVE

Overall during the last thirty-two years I've received one hundred "fuc. you"s versus every "thank you" for my strenuous volunteer efforts in Woolwich Township. Most of the FU and equivalents have come from a few Woolwich councillors including Murray Martin (least #), Mark Bauman and Sandy Shantz. I have in kind returned the "love" to Sandy and Mark to the point where Mark thankfully departed politics and Sandy has occasionally squealed and babbled in frustration. There have also been dirty back door FU and equivalents from Uniroyal, Chemtura, Ministry of Environment and those too have been responded to in kind by yours truly. Tit for tat although the issues with the dirty polluters and their alleged regulator also stem from very appropriate and accurate written environmental critiques and reports that I have formally submitted over the decades. It seems that professional liars take strong and informed disagreement very personally. Finally there have been at least three or four every day citizens who have mastered the art of backdoor FU. They literally have spent decades doing their best to undermine both me and my efforts and not without some success as they have had and still have the weight of local politicians behind them. You know who they are and I've named them both here and in my book (Elmira Water Woes: The Triumph of Corruption, Deceit and Citizen Betrayal) currently on Amazon/Kindle. ...................................................................................................................................... Now on the other side of the coin I have received incredible support from many citizens over the decades. APTE members early on were very helpful and supportive. This even included an award from APTE for my DNAPL efforts way back in 1992-93. This award was a Candian Chemical Producers Assoc.(CCPA) ad in a major newspaper & magazine that stated if you had any questions about chlorinated solvents then just ask...Alan Marshall. Yes APTE members removed the "...ask the CCPA..." and put my name in. This was due to my exposing consultant Brian Beatty's questionable behaviour in quoting another hydrogeologist out of context. Multiple APTE members signed the award including some of the later backdoor and backstabbing ones. Secondly I have received incredible support from CPAC members during their 2011-Aug. 2015 tenure. Of course I can't fail to mention Richard Clausi and Dr. Henry Regier. Lets also add Susan Rupert into that mix as well. Finally I have been pleased and fortunate to be involved in a number of documentaries over the decades. ................................................................................................................................. Just yesterday afternoon I am happy to report that I received a very nice e-mail thank you from the TAG Chair, Tiffany Svensson, for my recent laborious efforts in sending TAG members copies of four excellent DNAPL reports written by two different hydrogeologists, one on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Environment. Yes readers should realize that my overall contempt and disrespect for the MOE/MECP does not extend to each and every employee thereof. There are good ones and I have on occasion mentioned the good ones like Bob Hillier, Jaimie Connolly and Cynthia Doughty. I am sure that there are others. Keep in mind that Tiffany was hired by Sandy Shantz and lets see whether Tiffany's very nice and appropriate thank you backfires on her as in no good deed goes unpunished in Woolwich Township.

No comments:

Post a Comment