Thursday, August 22, 2024

A HISTORY REHASH: DR. DAN HOLT SENDS A VERY INTERESTING LETTER TO THE EDITOR

 The letter he sent to the Woolwich Observer was published on August 4, 2016 and titled "The law is supposed to be consistent". Overall I feel that it is an excellent Letter To The Editor albeit there are a few areas in which Dr. Dan and I are not 100% in agreement. Nevertheless his comparison of the leniency shown to councillor Scott Hahn versus the consequences suffered by former mayor Todd Cowan are indeed huge. Now my main disagreement with Dr. Dan is the nature of the offences between the two persons is in my opinion comparing apples to oranges.

Where I have to strongly agree with Dr. Dan is in his outrage at the Municipal Elections Compliance Audit Committee (MECAC). In my opinion they are corrupt and grossly biased and unfortunately behave as if they were the accused's defence attorneys. Bluntly put their behaviour and comments were beyond ridiculous and outrageous. Dr. Holt  also took issue with myself being blamed for the expenditure of tax dollars needed to investigate Mr. Hahn's totally nonsensical expense reports. Indeed a number of concerned citizens including myself felt that the process of enforcing the Municipal Elections Act was grossly deficient and that MECAC were a large part of the problem. I hereby thank Dr. Holt for his kind words and for pointing out a number of contradictions and inconsistencies throughout the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment