Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RULES, PROCESS & AGENDA

These are the best ways to manipulate the outcome. Politicians learn this early. For the uninitiated, like myself twenty years ago, they seemed of minor significance. Yesterday's CPAC (Chemtura Public Advisory Committee) was a perfect example. I could not attend. I still work for a living. I am not self employed, government employed or retired as yet. For the past twenty years through one long period of self employment and occasional unemployment I could attend the last Monday of the month from 9 am till noon. For this entire twenty year period I enquired, argued and begged for evening meetings so more of the public could attend and more of the public able to volunteer to sit on CPAC. I was continually shut down by the combined efforts of Susan Bryant and Pat McLean, Pat at least during the last decade. Again being trusting of my colleagues , although unhappy with their stubborness, I didn't subscribe any nefarious motive other than their own convenience. Now I'm not nearly so sure.

Henry Regier who also had appointments yesterday morning did attend for the first 3/4 hour. This was long enough to ensure that my Elmira Advocate post of last Saturday was handed out and discussed. Unfortunately and significantly CPAC members in fact did not discuss the two most important points namely the coverup by Pat and Susan regarding DNAPL information that should be made privy to the public and even more importantly my allegation that CPAC have abandoned trying to get source removal of Chemtura's buried contaminants. CPAC's silence was stunning and I wonder if Pat and Susan are now so confident of little or no opposition that they are finally willing to admit their long hidden agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment