Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THINK GLOBALLY & ACT LOCALLY

"Most people would tend to agree that common sense should govern all aspects of life, which makes the need to wear a sweater at work to fend off the chill of air -conditioning quite frankly absurd."
written by Chuck Kuepfer in today's Elmira Independent Pg.6

This article gives us an overview of power (or the lack thereof) issues in other areas of the world. From Iraq to Africa we realize that a minimum of electricity is a necessity but that the way we waste it here is not.

5 comments:

  1. You know, its to the point where I bring a sweater to work and the movie theatre in mid-July. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck Kuepfer is right on. Hopefully I can post the link to his story tomorrow. It's quite thought provoking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not one of the most Eco friendly people in the world, but air conditioning is one of the many excesses in the world that we can do without in most cases. I have never had conditioning in my house, fans work just fine. And in my vehicle i have never used the air conditioning, 4-60 air is good enough. 4 wheels and 60 mph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Jimm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up until a few years ago I never liked air conditioning. I live in a building that releases so much heat in the late day and at night that I reluctantly use air to cool it down. I am more concerned with the cost of hydro to run it so during the day it is only a fan. I do not want to wear a sweater in july, winter is long enough. Sherrie

    ReplyDelete