Saturday, July 3, 2010

POLITICAL MANIPULATION OF ENVIRONMENTALISTS

1. agm July 3rd, 2010 7:30 am :

WOWser! For those who don’t know, Dr. Beth Parker is a blue ribbon, gold medal hydrogeologist.
I had the honour of attending a meeting with her and the world renowned Dr. John Cherry, three years ago at the University of Waterloo. Both herself and Dr. Cherry have done groundbreaking research into DNAPLS (dense non aqueous phase liquids) which is why I and 3 others attended the meeting in regards to Uniroyal (Chemtura). Unfortunately the other 3 for political reasons ignored the advice of these two experts. Shortly afterwards Dr. Parker moved on to U. of Guelph and Dr. Cherry is retired. I’ve read a number of their publications and they are both fascinating as well as readable for laypersons such as myself.

The above two paragraphs are pulled from the Cambridge Advocate website and were written by myself (agm) this morning. They are my comment to a story in the Guelph Mercury about the U. of Guelph Groundwater Centre. Here is the link to the Cambridge Advocate story.

In my comment regarding the meeting in January 2007, at the University of Waterloo with Dr.s Cherry and Parker, I stated that "...the other three for political reasons ignored the advice of these two experts." These other three were hydrogeologist Wilf Ruland, Susan Bryant and former Woolwich Councillor and current CPAC Chair Pat McLean.
Their motives were political and in my opinion unworthy. Furthermore both immediately prior to the meeting and certainly afterwards, I strongly felt that the only reason I was invited by Pat and Susan to this private meeting, with the experts, was to get me to soften my resistance to Chemtura and Conestoga Rovers DNAPL non cleanup plans. This backfired because the experts weren't in on the scam. Their advice was removal of the DNAPLS which was an evolving position which Wilf, Susan & Pat knew nothing about. This sealed my fate at CPAC as it put me squarely in the way of the manipulaters. They merely waited for the appropriate red herring to do their political dirty work. The rest is history. I do give credit to both local newspapers in Elmira who both smelled a rat in my removal from CPAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment