Thursday, July 1, 2010

CANADA DAY AND I'M FEELING ALL WARM AND FUZZY

Anyhow that's my excuse for this post. Last Saturday June 26/10 I posted an article titled "Why does the Region of Waterloo coverup for Polluters?" The facts presented there stand on their own however the more reports and articles I read the more I'm starting to think that the Region really don't consider synthetic organic chemicals to be a threat in our drinking water. Although I'm personally appalled by that, nevertheless the Region correctly understands that scientifically we can't yet prove the harm to human beings via low level organic pollution. The problem is however that we also can't scientifically disprove health effects on human beings by multiple low level organic pollutants. Anyhow let me say here that the Region of Waterloo have indeed invested heavily in time and money to research both water supply and quality in the Region. I expect that they will voluntarily stay abreast of the emerging science surrounding low level chemical toxicity and in the meantime as Dr. Henry Regier is known to say "The precautionary principle should be paramount."

No comments:

Post a Comment