Friday, August 14, 2026

REGION'S COMPLAINTS PROCESS SURVEY - LIKELY JUST MORE OF THE SAME

 

You know I'd like to fill out a survey that I had some confidence was actually honest and above board. One that for example I could see my survey responses at some later date had not only been received but kept as part of the documentation on file. Do I really believe that my or anybody else's comments have actually been taken to heart by regional staff or politicians? Not a hope. 

The survey I filled out today was advertised in the K-W Record and is the second that I have completed. It makes me wonder what the results of the first survey were. Is the Region hoping to come off looking better simply by their proposed new procedure that was in yesterday's newspaper and probably introduced at regional council the day before? If their ratings have already risen does that mean that they can then backtrack by the five councillors of the appeal group deciding to automatically torpedo 95% of all appeals coming their way?

Surveys and dog and pony shows such as past regional games playing and likely the latest "public information and consultation session"  scheduled for August 20/26 are not true public consultation. Public consultation is less scripted and more public. Citizens ask questions from a microphone so that all present can hear their questions and then also hear the responses back from whomever is representing the government or industry behind the public meeting. Something like that would be worth attending. Private one on one discussions with staff are a waste of time and do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment