Tuesday, August 11, 2026

OH MY, OH MY IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO HAVE ALSO SEEN ENOUGH NONSENSE FROM WATERLOO REGION ?

 

O.K. I will admit that my political biases don't exactly match my hopes for either a regional house cleaning at the polls or a provincially initiated housecleaning by removing the regional Chair and replacing her with a better provincial appointee. Now I have made my concerns with our current regional councillors abundantly clear even as recently as my Blog post of yesterday. A third issue I have is with our Police Services Board as well as with our regional police. My issues aren't in regards to individual police officers, they are in regards to the decision makers at the top. This includes being far too influenced by other organizational idiots such as at the school board (WRDSB) as well as how they (mis)handled the serious concerns and lawsuits of their female officers. I suppose this also includes the appropriate focus on drunk driving and the total ignoring and failure to enforce all other driving safety issues except speeding. Speeding and drinking & driving laws are enforced whereas distracted driving is not nor are mandatory turn signals, driving in the right lane on the Xpressway unless passing, tailgating and believe it or not driving well below the speed limit under ideal driving conditions. Is there some kind of insurance bonus given to pick up truck drivers who appear to be intentionally delaying all traffic behind them just because they can?

So yes I'd love to see the province swoop in and kick political butt here in Waterloo Region. The one itsy bitsy problem I have is an almost total lack of faith in your hero and mine, Doug Ford. I am not a Conservative and even if I was I think he would trouble me. Yes Mr. Ford has properly given Donald Trump  the stink eye as well as banned U.S. alcohol sales in our LCBO. Other than that he has given too many concessions to developers and too few to environmentalists. There is my conundrum. Sure come in Mr. Ford and clean house here because unfortunately our voting public aren't paying enough attention and simply vote for the pretty face who talks nicely and tells all the right lies. Sometimes though inviting a predator in to solve one problem only leads to other, maybe worse problems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment