Saturday, May 21, 2022

CLARIFYING YESTERDAY"S POST

 My and other local citizens beef has been with Uniroyal Chemical and their different owners over the years (Crompton, Chemtira, Lanxess). Uniroyal hired and the others inherited Conestoga Rovers & Assoc. (CRA) as their hydrogeological consultants. The polite term for their efforts is best expressed as "client driven". GHD merged with CRA about five years ago and are carrying on CRA's traditions with Lanxess Canada.                                                                                                                                                              ...........................................................................                                                                                                On a few occasions over the last twenty-five years I have gotten quite upset with the odd egregiously unnecessary and inaccurate portrayal of myself by the Woolwich Observer newspaper. I emphasize that this has been a rarity and in fact I have read each and every edition of the newspaper since it started around 1995. While I was a huge supporter of Bob Verdun, Gail Martin and the Elmira Independent at the same time I embraced the luxury of two hometown, local newspapers. I can honestly state that I have worked hard to maintain good relations with Joe and Pat Merlihan despite occasional differences in opinion. Therefore I wish to emphasize my happiness that the Observer are now sending reporter Leah Gerber to cover public (but virtual) TAG (technical Advisory Group) meetings. That is a huge and major improvement that I hope readers appreciate.                                                                                                    .......................................................................................                                                                                    Regarding reporter Leah Gerber I have watched (and read) her environmental stories in the Waterloo Region Record over the last couple/few years. They are excellent and I have been impressed with her understanding of a large variety of environmental issues including gravel pits, groundwater contamination, invasive species  just to name a few. Therefore my criticism yesterday of Thursday's Observer article (i.e. TAG meeting) does not diminish my respect for and appreciation for the Observer and their newest reporter. At the same time I trust that they understand that I have over thirty years experience on these local issues and will continue to praise their efforts most of the time but still offer hopefully gentle criticism  when it is necessary.     

4 comments:

  1. I think I missed those posts where you offered gentle criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. A further clarification is that my "gentle criticism" was in regards to the Woolwich Observer not MECP, Lanxess or GHD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant to sign my name and goofed i.e. Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. will wait and see if Leah is bought and paid for "controlled opposition" like so many others involved ? Lets just wait and see if she/they buy the propaganda and sweep aside the true genuine concerns/issues or get the real questions answered!

    ReplyDelete