Thursday, September 7, 2023

HAVE THE SO & SO's FIGURED OUT YET WHY I'M DIRECTLY E-MAILING WOOLWICH COUNCILLORS INSTEAD OF GOING TO TAG?

 If they don't then they are intentionally obtuse. Their two committees of council are intended to limit public access, public scrutiny and public consultation. Lanxess and the Ministry of Environment have been living in polluter pig heaven for the last eight years. Now interestingly as I'll explain shortly, at the moment I'm feeling fonder of TAG than I have for at least a few years. Based upon an old set of Minutes I read this morning I've been  reminded that despite TAG's complete lack of nastiness, hostility or aggression; there are some honest and smart people on board.  Unfortunately due to peer pressure, societal pressure, employment and career concerns etc.; they are pushovers for government agencies and multinational corporations who don't give a crap for anyone but themselves and if that means destroying reputations, careers, livelihoods,  happiness then that's all in a day's work for them.   

Two days from now marks the three week anniversary of my sending my August 19, 2023 Blog post  to Woolwich Council versus RAC or TAG. Three weeks and very little has been resolved. Nathan Cadeau agreed (in writing) that the on-site Upper Aquifer (i.e. shallow aquifer) pumping has been seriously reduced over the last two decades. He then wimped out of proving his claim that there had been full discussion/debate about this at RAC/TAG or CPAC. Then councillor Eric Schwindt stepped up or so I thought.  He also claimed that he had listened to debate at TAG regarding pumping rates and reductions.  I very gently and carefully explained to Eric in writing that likely what he heard was TAG member Linda Dickson giving her usual TAG meeting discussion to the members in which she pointed out pumping failures and reductions mostly in the deeper Municipal Aquifers, both on and off the Lanxess property. I had expected Eric to get back to me with either a "Geez you're right, she was discussing deeper aquifers" or at worst a response such as "Geez now I'm not so sure which aquifers she was discussing." Instead since last Saturday, absolutely nothing from Eric or Woolwich Council. Very, very sad if running and hiding is the best that they've got.

I may later today, after some fun, send Council another e-mail. Yes it may very well be a tad critical. Maybe I should discuss conflicts of interest with them. Tons of that to go around. Here's an example. It's not a conflict of interest for councillors to go searching for TAG Minutes looking for specific discussions of greatly reduced UPPER AQUIFER pumping. It is also not a conflict of interest for Dave Brenneman, Ramin Ansari, MECP, GHD, Tiffany Svensson etc. to do so. The obvious reason is that their interests will be damaged if they do not find any such serious discussions.

Now here's where it gets weird. It's also a conflict of interest for me to go looking through the TAG Minutes for those discussions/debates. I've publicly stated my position that I do not believe that this huge issue has been seriously discussed and debated by RAC/TAG. However since when have I, CPAC or citizens in general been given any assistance from those at Woolwich Township?  Exactly. I learned decades ago that if you want any serious research done you have to do it yourself even if it were to prove your own position incorrect. It is a conflict of interest but I'm looking anyways. Nothing so far but got lots more to do. Life never has been fair especially regarding Uniroyal Chemical in Elmira.   

2 comments:

  1. Why is it that our public servants do not really serve the public or the taxpayer? Why is it that they seem so weak and non- effective? Why do they show such a lack of respect for those citizens and taxpayers that have relevant concerns? Why are they having such trouble tolerating questions? As for me I am convinced that it is because almost every damn one of them has an ulterior motive/agenda for being involved from day 1. It is evident just paying attention to their words and deeds that their pet projects, connections and private agendas (conflict of interests) are completely misguided and squash the functionality of the very privileged position they occupy. They have no right to be frustrated by us and we have every right to be frustrated with them. It's time to defund them! and trim all the bureaucrats / officials' budgets since nothing else seems to be working. A REAL RESET IS REQUIRED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agent Orange and POISON WELLWATER for Elmira ... RAC and TAG has accomplished NOTHING! what the hell is wrong with them?

    ReplyDelete