Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WOOLWICH COUNCIL MEETING TONITE

The main reason I will possibly attend is that I wish to here what Eric Hodgins of the Region of Waterloo has to say about Source Water protection here in Waterloo Region. He will be a Delegation at tonite's Council meeting and is # 8 on the Agenda. I respect Eric's technical knowledge in regards to Hydrogeology and if I had any complaint it would be that when the pressure is on he tends to toe the "company" line. In other words his loyalty is to his employer not the public who in reality pays him. This of course is the normal human condition as we all have bills to pay.

At this Council meeting reccommendations from the Committee of the Whole will proceed including the permanent establishment of Bus Route # 21 to Elmira as well as the reccommendation not to proceed with the sump pump installation program in Birdland for both cost and liability issues. This program relates to the Inflow & Infiltration (I & I) problems mentioned here in the Advocate three days ago (Sat.).

No comments:

Post a Comment