Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WHAT THE HECK DOES NUCLEAR POWER HAVE TO DO WITH WOOLWICH?

Good question. Hear is the answer. Without nuclear power in Ontario, you wouldn't be reading this posting right now. When I started this Blog/Website almost a year ago I intended to focus strictly on environmental issues here in Woolwich Township. Generally I have done so. At the same time I have learned how interelated everything is. I will continue to focus on the local but every now and again up will pop a surprise which I hope will be educational for all of us.

Today's K-W Record has the following Opinion piece : "Chornobyl's lesson can't be forgotten". This article is written by a professor of civil/environmental and industrial and systems engineering at the University of Southern California. His message is succinct. Yes we are already relying on nuclear energy for our daily requirements. Nuclear energy is so much cleaner and healthier than coal and petroleum based energy supplies. BUT... it will only continue to be cleaner and healthier if we readjust our priorities. Safety considerations must trump everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment