Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NEW CPAC MEMBERS ARE NOW PUBLIC, SORT OF, MAYBE, ALMOST

I give up!. Give me a detailed, technical, hydrogeological report anyday. The mysteries of Council, agendas, minutes, closed meetings, open meetings, committee of the whole etc. are beyond me. Yes I confirmed that indeed our Mayor was quoted in the local paper(s) that the new CPAC members would be announced last evening. Fine, I'm there and the second item on the Agenda is " Resolutions to come forward from closed meeting". This is it I figured. Well it wasn't. O.K. I'm a patient guy. Afterall I've been patient (sort of) since last October 25/10. At 9 pm. we had a 5 minute break. There I am chatting with one of our local newspaper reporter/editer persons and the Mayor walks up; so of course I asked the obvious question re: CPAC membership. The answer was that the closed session prior to the 6 pm. public session was a Council Orientation session and the closed session dealing with CPAC membership was going to be AFTER the public session and no they wouldn't then be going back into public session. O.K. so that means Council will announce the new CPAC members next Tuesday at the regular Council meeting. The answer was yes but here I am wondering this: if it's official but not public does that mean Council will issue a Press Release imminently as in prior to next week's public Council meeting? I don't know. Remember I give up! I'm not speculating anymore on the timing. Now as to speculating on the makeup of the membership have I got some names for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment