Thursday, October 7, 2010

PERCEIVED/POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST BY REGIONAL CHAIR

First off my apologies to Jeff Outhit and the K-W Record. You guys are indeed doing your jobs. Two days ago I suggested that you were negligent in not reporting my question at the Regional Chair debate regarding Chair Ken Seiling and the Hawk Ridge Homes development in Elmira. Well you've come through today by your story in the Local section
"Homes should not be built next to chemical plant, critics say." Two points to consider: the critics include CPAC, myself, Chemtura. Sulco and others. Secondly whether or not Ken Seiling doesn't vote in the future at Regional Council, is probably moot. The development, I believe is long past Regional purvue (been O.K'd). It's at the Municipal (Township) level and even there might be bypassed , presumably in favour of the Ontario Municipal Board (O.M.B.), as this article refers to a provincial tribunal.

No comments:

Post a Comment