Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WATERLOO NORTH WATER SUPPLY CLASS EA

Now this was the first well attended Public Information Centre I've seen in the last three that I've attended. It was held last evening at Abraham Erb Public School on Laurelwood Dr. in Waterloo. I would estimate about 15 to 20 people were present and at least one besides myself was very busy asking pertinent and relevant questions. This is understandable because I noticed a chart showing drawdown cones which indicate how many metres the surface of the aquifer is lowered while full pumping is going on. Whatever the merits of new wells in North Waterloo, if they are anywhere near your private well, there certainly would be an effect.

The boundary area for this study is approximately Benjamin Rd. in the north, Wilmot Line in the west and the expressway to the east. The southern boundary appears to be Columbia Rd. If nothing else this expansion and increase of our groundwater supply is probably good news in that it makes me think that Lake Erie water is still a long way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment