Saturday, June 19, 2010

ADDING HFSA TO YOUR DRINKING WATER I am providing readers with a link to a recent Health Canada report in regards to Fluoridating drinking water. I hope that you will read carefully the whole 6 page report rather than simply jump to the Conclusions and Recommendations. This is because of the numerous references in the report to health issues amongst some members of our society due to fluoridated drinking water. Secondly while I applaud Health Canada reducing the target concentration down to .7 mg/l (current maximum is 1.5 mg/l); I still feel strongly that we have no right as a society to endanger the health of the few for the possible benefit of the many. Alternatives which are acceptable to all include fluoridated toothpaste and fluoridated mouthwashes.
To my surprise the Waterloo friend who accompanied me to the public debate last Thursday is more offended by the involuntary aspect of medicating the population than he is in regards to the health issues. At the same time he assurred me that his recent first grandchild absolutely is not being fed fluoridated Waterloo water.

My second last point takes me back to my May 20/10 posting. There I have listed the number of fluoride exceedances (greater than 1.5 mg/l) in Waterloo over the last few years. My studies of drinking water in Waterloo Region have left me appalled and with very little confidence in the Region's water management. The provincial drinking water standards are a farce, based on the false assumption of one industrial chemical at a time in our drinking water. Meanwhile despite high Detection Limits and huge numbers of industrial chemicals untested and or unpublished, we still have a cocktail of low level toxic chemicals combined with higher levels of Trihalomethanes and Trichloroethylene in our drinking water. We don't have a clue as to any synergistic effects between them or with the Hydrofluorsilicic Acid being added.

My comment to the two dentists at last Thursday's meeting, pushing for involuntary addition of HFSA (Hydrofluoroslicic Acid) is this. If you are so keen to boost the health of the population, then rather than lobbying to add HFSA, how about lobbying to remove even just one serious toxin such as Trichlorethylene from the water. It can be removed either at source or at the treatment plant, perhaps with the same money you save by scrapping fluoridation.

No comments:

Post a Comment