Wednesday, June 23, 2010

LEAD IN OUR DRINKING WATER ?

There was a Public Notice (pg.27) in the Woolwich Observer concerning Lead service lines or pipes in our homes. Apparently it's a more significant issue in homes built prior to 1955 and for young children and or pregnant women. Lead as a contaminant either in air or drinking water is very serious as there are nuerological and cognitive adverse health effects possible. This was a major reason for removing it from gasoline years ago. I've done a tiny amount of research online but I feel that I'm missing some significant information. I would certainly recommend cooperation with this free program and testing especially if you're in the higher risk group mentioned earlier. If anyone out there has further information please comment here and share it with us.

3 comments:

  1. Huh...I had no idea that Port Stanley had industrial contamination issues too.

    http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/06/22/14482166.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck in looking up that website, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K.Now I've read the story. Sydney tar ponds it may not be but what I'm learning is that our industrial legacy whether inland, on the beaches or in the air is one of uncontrolled dumping, leaking and free (toxic)garbage disposal.

    ReplyDelete