Monday, June 28, 2010

REGION of WATERLOO/OPA #15/SAFETY-KLEEN

I"ve just returned home from a meeting on the 8th floor , Regional headquarters, Frederick St. Kitchener. The meeting was with myself, Kevin Eby and Bridgit Cody of the planning department. Mr. Eby referred to my appeal as technically a referral. My original letter of "appeal" to the Clerk of the Regional Council is posted on May 25/10 in the Elmira Advocate.

This issue is the ongoing, neverending, non cleanup of the highly contaminated Safety- Kleen site in Breslau (Woolwich Twn.). Upon request I advised these two folks of the inadequate Remedial Action Plan for the expanded Safety-Kleen site as well as the alleged "Indemnity" by the Region and the M.O.E.; which might explain their three decades of tolerance, indifference and misinformation surrounding this site.

I was advised of a Regional Planning Committee meeting on August 10/10 and then a Regional Council meeting on Thursday August 19/10 which will deal with my "referral" of OPA #15.(Official Plan Amendment)

No comments:

Post a Comment