Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BIOSOLIDS MASTER PLAN UPDATE

I attended last evening's Public Information Centre #1, held at the St. Jacobs Community Centre. I had mentioned this upcoming meeting in the Elmira Advocate on Sunday June 13/10. My first impression upon entering the parking lot was wow, talk about a lack of public interest. There were two cars in the parking lot and when I entered the building a grand total of four people inside. Yup, you guessed it, all four were there working on behalf of the Region of Waterloo. The plus side of this was that the Staff in attendance were very friendly, sociable and helpful. Perhaps my understanding was a little flawed but I did expect a little more technical details, at least in the handout literature. What was presented on charts and in a handout I would refer to as the big picture with a minimum of specifics. I certainly hope that as the process continues that much more detail will be presented. I did fill in the questionaire and will be faxing it in today asking to be put on the project mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment