Friday, June 18, 2010

This link is to a story in today's K-W Record. I attended last night's televised (Roger's Cable) debate in Waterloo and have but one disgreement with the excellent reporting done by Jeff Outhit. Make that two. His Editer should have given him more space because this is a worthy issue. Secondly Jeff said "Proponents said the credible science shows that adding fluoride limits cavities with no known health risks." If either of the two gentlemen said that exactly (which I dispute) then they lied. Yes they certainly downplayed the health risks and Dr. Hoediono repeatedly used the expression "in the right amount". This to me is at least a tacit admission that fluoride in the wrong amount is indeed a health problem. Furthermore both sides referred to a 2007 Health Canada document produced by an expert panel regarding water fluoridation. Although the panel recommended continuing Fluoridation of water supplies at a reduced concentration,
they gave multiple warnings and cautions because of HEALTH ISSUES arising from fluoridating the public water supply. These warnings and cautions included the issue of infants and toddlers exposure to possibly too much fluoride.

I will be commenting further on this issue which directly affects Woolwich Township and our drinking water.

3 comments:

  1. There are supposed to be two more public debates. I will post the time and location when I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children grew up on clear clean well water that we tested regularly. They received no fluoride treatments at the dentist although they did try to guilt me into it and they all have wonderful teeth. Adding fluoride or any chemical to the water is just wrong and deadly. If I am not mistaken natural fluride is already in water and what they want to add is not natural
    sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Sherrie. By twin brother and I grew up in Waterloo. By age twenty I had a total of two fillings and he had a whole mouthful. Same diet, same fluoridated water. I was a little more conscientous regarding brushing.

    ReplyDelete