Saturday, January 9, 2021

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS - EH MAYBE

Well as per the comment I left yesterday afternoon (3:39 pm.) on yesterday's posting, I have indeed checked out the contrary evidence received by e-mail yesterday. In fact the contrary evidence actually continued with a few back and forth e-mails, clarifying the location of the photograph published in last Monday's Waterloo Region Record. Now I did send an e-mail last Monday to the Record photographer asking him for the location of his photograph but did not receive a response. Well yesterday morning and afternoon the reporter who wrote the article was able to get confirmation from the photographer. Confirmation becasue she apparently was also present when the picture was taken. ......................................................................................................... I was very skeptical of the information I received although not of the source. Therefore despite very good reason not to go back out for a hike yesterday afternoon, I did so. I axctually had the Record's picture in my pocket as I proceeded via the very clear directions given me. Well as expected the coast was clear and there was not a crowd of people anywhere within sight. A few people did pass by during my visit. .............................................................................................................. Long story short, while I feel fine about 3/4 of my posting yesterday, the last paragraph is wrong. Yes I believe that Lanxess are seriously lacking in shame, ethics and integrity based on their behaviour since they purchased Chemtura in 2017. No, calling them hypocrites is not substantiated by the photograph in the Record last Monday. I am convinced that the Record reporter and photographer were accurate with their stated location of the photograph (Shirt Factory Creek). My previous conclusion was based upon items in the background of the Record's picture. It was also partially based upon thirty years of professional lying by almost every authority and party to the contamination, cleanup and coverup. There are two takeaways from this for me. One don't rely totally on what your eyes are telling you. Always double and triple check. Secondly if like our politicians, polluters, and client driven consultants, you are in the business of lying; then guess what. Eventually everyone will assume that you are lying 100% of the time when you might actually only be lying 85% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment