Monday, April 25, 2011

PUBLIC MEETINGS/ PUBLIC INFORMATION CENTRES

We have a Public Information Centre (P.I.C.) on Tues. May 3/11 from 4-8 pm. at Bingeman's Ballroom to present the recommendations of the latest engineering study in regards to the new Highway # 7 from Kitchener to Guelph. I did see this presentaion recently at Woolwich Council and found it interesting and informative. As far as environmental impacts and or alternatives to the overall idea, I will hold my opinion until I'm better informed. An additional date and venue for this P.I.C. is Thurs. May 5/11 at Guelph Place Banquet Hall, 492 Michener Rd. Guelph Ont., also 4-8 pm.

There is a public meeting to learn about the Draft Amended Assessment Report for the Grand River Watershed on May 10/11 from 7-8:30 pm. at the Region of Waterloo, 150 Frederick St., Kitchener. This report is to be used by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment to develop a drinking water source protection plan for the Grand River watershed. Over the last many months I have been on-line reading and downloading many parts of this Assessment Report. On the positive side, the information and data it has collected are priceless and extraordinarily informative. On the negative side as I have indicated here in the Advocate before, our environment and protection of it are also extraordinarily politicized. To see these efforts and reports used for the sole benefit of all our citizens and of our environment, would be a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment