Tuesday, October 29, 2019

READERSHIP IS GROWING




Since posting the last chapter (#27) of my book "Elmira Water Woes:..." on the Waterloo Region Advocate on October 12, 2019 I have been occasionally taking a peek at the viewing statistics of various chapters of the book. Now I have had the formal *Statcounter program on this blog (Elmira Advocate) since the beginning courtesy of my daughter who is far more computer knowledgeable than myself. It turns out that my other blog, the Waterloo Region Advocate, actually has an internal, automatic counter on it. I have accessed it on October 22, 25 and now this morning, October 29, 2019.

While I am confident that Margaret Atwood, Pierre Berton, Louise Penny etc. would not be overwhelmed with the number of viewers of my new book, I can say that I am pleasantly surprised and pleased. For me what is most interesting is the ongoing growth of readers just between October 22 and today October 29.

Chapter 1 has increased from 71 readers to 74 in a week. Chapter 3 has increased from 68 to 74 in a week. Chapter 25 for example has risen from 25 a week ago to 29 today. Chapter 26 has risen from 37 a week ago to 54 today. Keep in mind that each chapter is a separate posting and usually (not always) on a separate day. It appears that readers are reading one chapter at a time at their leisure and pleasure. Chapter 27 had 38 viewers (readers) one week ago and today they are up to 59.

I think you can see why I am so pleased. This growth in readers so far appears to be steady and ongoing. I have only picked a sprinkling of chapters to show today but they are representative of all the chapters. Some have what I view as huge increases in a week (15-20) and others much less but always rising. My intent has always been to get this information out to the interested public. Waiting for formal publishing companies to get their act and their reams of conditions and legalese together simply wasn't going to happen. If and when they ever do then perhaps this on-line posting will need to end. Therefore readers keep reading because it's free at the Waterloo Region Advocate (www.waterlooregionadvocate.blogspot.com) .

3 comments:

  1. At all levels Canadians are finally waking up to everyday corruption of ALL the systems. The other good news is that the political involvement and environment is going to radically change in Canada soon and it is all the systems fault (including of course politicians and public servants in ALL levels of governments. Alan, you can rest easy, as you were/are among those at the tip of the spear and quite frankly A HERO! Your online work/and book will live forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanxess are world class polluters, scumbags and liars

    Wonder if Greta Thunberg knows about the depravity going on in Elmira, Ontario

    ReplyDelete