Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WOOLWICH TOWNSHIP ARE RUNNING INTERFERENCE FOR CHEMTURA

Same old, same old. Twenty-two years and running. Why dear citizens do you think we still don't have readily accessible subsurface Dioxins from Agent Orange removed? Why twenty years after the Ontario Ministry of the Environment ordered source removal of DNAPLS from the former operating ponds on the west side of Chemtura has it not been done? Influence and money is the answer.

Last night at Woolwich Council I read verbatim the presentation printed in full last evening here in the Advocate. Approximately 1/2 hour later Councillor Bryant made a Motion to remove me from CPAC and Councillor Bowman seconded it. To his credit Councillor Poffenroth was not there and probably wouldn't have gone along with it on no more than ten minutes discussion led by Mayor Cowan. Their excuse was in regards to e-mails between myself and my fellow CPAC members. Whoop de do! It also included my presentation at Council last night and yesterday's posting here, accurately describing their schmoozing and bafflegabbing meeting of Monday night.

Councillor Bowman is no surprise. He almost gleefully bragged about turfing me three years ago and being able to do it again. Councillor Bryant was a disappointment as I still cling to the belief that she is honest. She was given the mushroom treatment last night by Mayor Cowan at the in camera session. The truly big disappointment and revelation is Mayor Cowan. He has sold out to either Chemtura or the M.O.E., possibly both.

My presentation last night at Council was polite and respectful. Read it for yourselves. Council ignored it because they were told ahead of time at the in camera session to do so by Mayor Cowan. He kicked me off CPAC because I could not be controlled by him. I am extremely knowledgable regarding Chemtura BUT I am independent. Mayor Cowan convinced himself months ago that by appointing me to the new CPAC, I would be everlastingly grateful. After getting the boot from the old CPAC, Mayor Cowan thought he had bought my perpetual loyalty. That would have been true if he had followed through on his promises to bring Chemtura to account. He didn't. That would have been true if he hadn't betrayed CPAC by putting them into a state of limbo. I have begged, pleaded and reasoned with Mayor Cowan, Councillor Herteis and CAO David Brenneman to no avail. THEY ADAMANTLY REFUSE TO SCHEDULE A FIRST PUBLIC CPAC MEETING. They do this mostly not by saying no as much as by bullshitting and bafflegabbing. What they really refuse to do is give any of the new CPAC members an intelligent reason for not proceeding.

In regards to yesterday's detailed posting about the Monday night meeting and the three "zero to nil" speakers I think I will identify them by name tomorrow. It is the least I can do to let them know that yes BULLSHIT BAFFLES BRAINS but you can't fool all the people all the time.

One last point about Monday night's meeting at the Township Building and why I was so inflamed by it. Some of these "zero to nil" folks got caught red handed lieing. Yes they were called on it. One of the most spectacular lies will also be identified tomorrow along with who on the citizens' payroll were doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment