Friday, May 20, 2011

ODE TO "SH**DISTURBERS" EVERYWHERE


I have from time to time, over the last twenty-two years as well as recently been accused of being a thorn in the side of Chemtura, their consultants Conestoga Rovers & Assoc. and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment. I have also been accused of being a watchdog , calling a spade a spade and of having little patience for horse manure, bafflegab (polispeak) or out and out liars. I’ve been told that I sometimes use an accusatory tone and that I out and out blame polluters who have poisoned our water.
To all of those charges I proudly plead guilty. I certainly have been accused of more than this although mostly by the uninformed or those with vested financial interests, contrary to those of the public. One of the cutest accusations was by Wilf Ruland, former part time hydrogeologist to CPAC. To my face he called me an ankle biter. If he is stupid enough he will do this a second time and I will do my utmost, then and there, to prove he’s not a liar. Less cute charges and lies include being disruptive and or not following process. As far as my lacking people skills the truth is I have lost the ability to swallow lies being shoveled willy nilly by our elected or unelected officials. This is my biggest sin. Monday May 9/11 at the Woolwich Township Building the lies were coming fast and thick and I’d been a “good” boy for six months . I’d had it and I responded then and there and called out those who were doing the lying. This is my most unpardonable sin by political standards. This is why I got kicked off of CPAC again. Honest citizens, informed or otherwise , have no concerns regarding myself.
Far too much deference is given to elected officials opinions. Far too much deference is given to the opinions of consultants paid for by the polluters. Far too much deference is given to the opinions of the Ontario M.O.E.. All of these groups are unable to back up their opinions with either logic or unbiased science. They back them up with money, power, influence and by calling their detractors names. Such as overzealous, impatient, over-the-top and shit disturbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment