Saturday, May 14, 2011

ATTEMPT (3rd) TO SMOOTH RUFFLED FEATHERS (APOLOGY) AND STAY FOCUSED ON CHEMTURA ISSUES

Since Tuesday night's removal of myself, by Council, from CPAC (we'll call it a "rebooting") I have expressed my displeasure in regards to their failure to address serious and imminent Chemtura issues, in a calm and dispassionate method. I think however I have been less stellar in my response to the personal assault by some Council members with their public comments. Therefore to that I have descended to their level with personal comments and insults. In regards to Councillor Bauman he's going to have to wait a while for any apology. Councillor Herteis however is a different case. Firstly I don't believe that she made any public personal comments or insults about me as Mark Bauman did. Secondly Councillor Herteis in my opinion has from the beginning been thrust into an impossible situation. My interpretation and understanding is that she was "volunteered" to be CPAC Chair. Without any further criticism of her whatsoever intended I believe that she had been directed in her actions and or non actions by Mayor Cowan. Therefore she's been under pressure from the CPAC members on one side to get going while probably being told by the Mayor to do the exact opposite. Perhaps Mayor Cowan has a plan but by not sharing it with HIS appointees we're now in a mess. Anyways back to Councillor Herteis: Within the last few days I've made some public direct and rude comments concerning your competency. These were made by me AFTER I was verbally attacked publicly and thus was very upset. Nevertheless you did not deserve public disparagement from me anymore than I did from some members of Woolwich Council. Julie-Anne I am sorry. Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment