Friday, May 6, 2011

CHEMTURA's C.C.P.A. (C.I.A.C.) REVERIFICATION IS NEXT MONTH

Chemtura achieved the "Responsible Care" designation from the Cnd. Chemical Producers Assoc'n" (CCPA) a number of years ago. This designation requires reverification every two or three years. The CCPA changed their name to the Chemical Industry Assoc'n of Canada (CIAC) recently. The next reverification for the company is next month (June/11).
This information was recently requested and then confirmed by telephone and e-mail. I must say that Chemtura were very helpful and cooperative in quickly providing this information upon request. As it doesn't happen very often that I compliment Chemtura, let me get it over with all at once. The two time periods that I was not a formal, voting member of CPAC, namely from 1994-2000 and 2007-2011, nevertheless Chemtura through their consultants CRA continued to provide me with monthly Progress Reports and other data upon request. Although clearly as a long time concerned citizen this was the proper thing for them to do, the fact that they did it without pressure or prompting, is to their credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment