Thursday, January 27, 2011

O.M.B. MEDIATION/SETTLEMENT/FOLLOWUP

Exactly three weeks ago (Jan. 6/11) I posted here in the Elmira Advocate a very short, concise item about a sucessful mediation meeting between Safety-Kleen, the Ontario Municipal Board, Woolwich Township, the Region of Waterloo and yours truly. Last Friday I received a letter from the O.M.B. in regards to a Settlement Hearing By Teleconference scheduled for Friday February 25, 2011. Also I received an e-mail from the Region of Waterloo with a Draft of the Minutes of Settlement . Monday of this week I replied by phone to the Region with a couple of suggested minor changes to the Minutes of Settlement. These essentially consisted of my receiving the promised and available reports from the Township or Safety-Kleen, sooner rather than later. Afterall it's already been three weeks since they were promised. Now the Region of Waterloo are on the ball and my suggested revisions were forwarded to the other parties the same day (Monday). As of early this morning I do not yet know if they are acceptable however my position is that if you make a promise to supply an available document, essentially that means timewise as soon as possible. I am still confident that this proposed Settlement with the O.M.B. regarding Official Plan Amendment # 15 is for the best, provided the Settlement terms are complied with forthwith or as soon as humanly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment