Friday, December 27, 2013

WOOLWICH IN FAVOUR OF KEEPING TRANSFER STATIONS



Well there you go. I went down to Lazer Video this morning to pick up a DVD for the wife and I this evening as well as to get this week's Woolwich Observer. So I get home and I'm finding the Observer seems somewhat familiar. I check the date and sure enough it's last week's edition. What the heck!!! So either it's late today or it's not coming out till tomorrow. Regardless I notice a little tiny article I had missed last week. The article is titled "Woolwich to fight for transfer stations".

Quoting Mayor Cowan in the article "Addressing the issue at this week's council meeting, Mayor Todd Cowan said the savings would pale in comparison to the inconvenience caused to rural residents, noting the Elmira facility alone has seen some 25,000 visitors this year.". Well this is a good thing that our council are on board. As per yesterday's posting here I agree with him that the savings are very minor versus the services rendered. Now of course the big problem is for our one regional rep (Mayor Cowan) to be able to disuade the rest of regional council from this token, ineffective course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment