Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WOOLWICH CONTINUES TO GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS?

 I used to complain to Lisa Schaefer (Support Person for RAC/TAG) about not getting the Minutes of RAC and TAG meetings in a timely fashion. Basically they would be sent out to members and some serious stakeholders such as myself the week before the next meeting. Regarding TAG (Technical Advisory Group) that might be a month or two later. Regarding RAC (Remediation Advisory Committee) it was much more likely to be three or more months later. Lisa pointed out to me that while she didn't e-mail them until a week before the next meeting nevertheless they were already posted on the Township's website. Hunh!

So I checked back then and son of a gun she was mostly correct. When I checked generally past Minutes were up on the Township's website weeks if not months earlier than they were mailed out to members and to the odd non-member such as myself. Well! 

So of course I'm getting ready for the public meeting next month (Feb. 21/24) and it dawned on me that I had not seen the Minutes of either the last TAG meeting (November 16/23) nor of the last RAC meeting (Dec. 7/23).  More than two months ago for the TAG meeting and more than 1 1/2 months ago for the RAC meeting.  Confidently I navigated the Woolwich Township website and while pretty much every other Minutes for various meetings are there, not a whisper of the Minutes for either the TAG or RAC meeting. Yes those two meetings are listed with their Agenda etc. but absolutely no Minutes.

It's not my job to get Woolwich kickstarted but I expect that when I get a few minutes I will give them a phone call. Is this merely human error or does it represent the seriousness or lack thereof in which Woolwich hold these two (about to be replaced) committees?

No comments:

Post a Comment