Friday, January 26, 2024

IT SEEMS THAT THE RAC/TAG DRAFT MINUTES WILL BE ON-LINE (Township Website) BY SOMETIME NEXT WEEK

 Well now that is good news. I mentioned here yesterday that I had a very good talk with a Woolwich staffer who sent me on to another who then talked to a third who then phoned me back. Unfortunately I had literally just stumbled into the house after doing a "wrenching"  job out in my garage when the phone rang. No at my age I no longer do oil changes, tire changes, other mechanical work on my car. However as a returnee to motorcycling after a fifty-two year hiatus somehow I feel that that is different and I added a windscreen to my motorcycle yesterday. Lordy, lordy am I out of shape after two hip replacements, arthritis, a minor heart condition and periods of enforced inactivity. Hence I run out of energy much faster and with much less output than I used to have.

So it is unusual for me to let a phone call go unanswered but I did yesterday as I was just plain exhausted. Lo and behold it was Alex from the Township and she left me a lengthy and detailed response to my inquiry of the previous day. It was all good news and indeed was no more than the result of the retirement of Lisa who had been the Support Person for RAC/TAG for many years. The handling of the RAC & TAG Minutes due to their often times lengthy periods between meetings (especially RAC) is different from the posting of Minutes from other Towmship Committees which meet more often. Long story short Alex has assured me that both the Nov. 16 TAG and Dec. 7/23 RAC Draft Minutes will be on the Township's website by sometime next week. Thank you very much Alex. I also phoned her and left the same message.

Soooo do I now extrapolate and assume that there has been a sea change in attitude at the Township regarding Lanxess Canada, the Ontario MECP and the Elmira cleanup? Oh come on! Just because they are about to blow up the absolute worst excuse for "public consultation" I have ever seen or heard of doesn't make them saints. By the way for the record Woolwich Township have always had some excellent employees despite what I view as serious corruption (i.e. "riddled with errors") at the top just as RAC & TAG (mostly TAG) have had and do have some excellent members despite appalling Terms of Reference supporting grotesque public consultation fully under Woolwich, Lanxess and MECP control. As I've said here previously the mayor and others at Woolwich are finally looking over their shoulders at the train coming down the track and they don't want to get publicly run over by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment