Thursday, January 25, 2024

GETTING SOME ANSWERS REGARDING TIMELY PUBLIC AVAILABILITY OF RAC & TAG MINUTES

 So as per yesterday's Blog posting here I indeed did phone Woolwich Township to ask where the Minutes from the November 16/23 TAG meeting were along with the Minutes from the December 7/23 RAC meeting.  Now keep in mind that I have always myself made notes during UPAC, CPAC, RAC & TAG public meetings and that I like to compare them to the Woolwich Township version when it comes out. Yes I have noticed discrepancies over the years/decades albeit not as many as I expected which is a good thing. Also a number of the discrepancies can be chalked up to both the Township employee writing the Minutes not being anywhere nearly as well informed on technical environmental issues as myself as well as many members of  CPAC, RAC & TAG being newer and less experienced. In other words honest errors which carries a lot of weight with me versus intentional, self-serving errors or omissions.

I talked to Cathy (Kathy?) at the Township yesterday and she was extremely helpful despite not being the Minutes taker herself. She felt that Tanya who wasn't available at the time yesterday would be in the best position to help out and that the name of the new Woolwich Support Person was Stacy. That rang a bell and in fact I'm sure that I've met Stacy at either the recent RAC or TAG meeting or both. Regardless I was advised by Cathy (Kathy?) that either Tanya or Stacy would contact me with some clarification regarding Minutes possibly being approved or nor prior to being included in the Township's website.

I am hopeful that whether "approved" or not that these Minutes will be posted as soon as possible after a meeting because frankly I believe that it's ridiculous for RAC and TAG members who don't take their own notes to blindly rely on their memories one, two, three or more months after the fact and or to rely on a newer third party's understanding of the technical issues also one, two three or more months later when RAC or TAG members finally get to approve the Minutes at the next RAC or TAG meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment