Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THURSDAY NIGHT"S CPAC STARTS AT 6:30 pm.

Last Friday I indicated that I would confirm if possible the change in starting time from 6 to 6:30 pm. I received yesterday my Agenda and Minutes and indeed the 6:30 starting time in the Council Chambers is there and highlighted. Similar to the Agenda of three weeks ago this one is extremely light as there will be an Orientation Session put on by Chemtura. Quite frankly I doubt that it can be much more of a waste of time than the one CPAC received from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on June 8/11. Although that Orientation told us what the M.O.E. is supposed to be doing, there was a large gap between that and the reality. The next CPAC meeting is scheduled for July 28/11 and the one after that is on August 25/11. To date while not totally convinced that this new CPAC are permanently off the rails, I must still ask from what possible source is the Mayor receiving CPAC advice? He clearly wants nothing to do with the old CPAC and despite a couple of olive branches from my direction, appears to be charting his own course in stormy, dangerous and uncharted waters. I have posted here in the Advocate (June 6 & 11) various issues that should be on CPAC's agenda but to date have been ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment