Monday, November 6, 2023

OFFER OF A FREE TUTURIAL WENT OFF THIS MORNING

 I revised my initial draft letter more along the lines of Dr. Dan Holt's suggestions and sent all six councillors as well as Drs. Dan and Sebastian copies. I do have a tendency to "editorialize" and both wisely suggested that a short, to the point offer (without too many comments) was best. This I have done. The offer was to any or all six councillors (including mayor) if they are so inclined.

As with any subject there tends to be lots of acronyms and in-house language if you will. I will attempt during this groundwater tutorial to both answer any relevant questions as well as to clearly explain the basics of hydrogeology. For example simply saying that groundwater like surface water generally flows downhill is accurate however there are many nuances involved. Also there are huge issues regarding contaminant hydrogeology and the subject can get somewhat complicated although my favourite saying is that hydrogeology is not rocket science despite some practitioners pretending that it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment