Tuesday, January 10, 2023

FOLLOWUP LETTER TO CPAC REGARDING MY DEC. 9/22 E-MAIL

 My December 9/22 e-mail to CPAC was titled "Holy crap I asked a question at RAC last night!"  CPAC of course stands for the Citizens Public Advisory Committee which was formerly known as the Chemtura Public Advisory Committee before being improperly and dishonestly removed as a committee of council by Sandy Shantz and Mark Bauman. 

In my e-mail to CPAC I expressed astonishment that after only 7 1/2 years, I as a knowledgeable, local citizen  had been allowed to actually ask a question  at a public meeting regarding MY and the PUBLIC's drinking water. Mighty nice for the crap in charge to do so. I await a public apology but expect that to be 2-20 years away. I also elucidated Ramin Ansari's (Lanxess) reason/rationale/excuse as to why decreasing on-site Municipal Aquifer pumping at wells PW4 and PW5 is O.K. despite those pumping rates being lower than the written Target Rates determined by their own consultants, GHD. I also advised CPAC that I was going to carefully examine my ongoing pumping rate Tables whose raw data comes from the alleged monthly Progress Reports formerly produced by Conestoga Rovers and now produced by GHD. This I did back in early December and I posted here in the Elmira Advocate the results of that research.

Hence I would ask CPAC to go through the Archives section on the right to find both December 10 and 11, 2022 for the breakdown as to what changes have occurred in both on-site and off-site pumping over the last few years as well as what the (non-existent) debate at RAC should have included in order for real public consultation to occur. Business as usual, deaf, dumb and blind cover your ears, eyes and mouth hand picked bureaucrats, politicians and other assorted riff raff is NOT public consultation and boy does it show GLARINGLY. My conclusion is that Ramin was blowing smoke but as long as public consultation excludes informed and independent members of the public then we will never know for sure. Exactly as Lanxess and friends (MECP) are happy with.    

No comments:

Post a Comment