Saturday, December 11, 2021

RAC BEHAVIOUR: WAS IT SHAME, RESIGNATION, STRATEGY OR COWARDICE?

Two days ago we had an approximate half hour public (virtual) RAC meeting as described here in yesterday's posting. I was mentally prepared ahead of time for some nasty, ignorant and cowardly behaviour by RAC which did not materialize. Do not think however that they or some of their members are not capable of such behaviour as I have been on the receiving end from time to time including the previous Octover 7/21 RAC meeting. At that meeting I gave a pre-booked and formal ten minute verbal Delegation to RAC regarding the Stroh Drain and other corrupt government and agency (MOE/MECP) behaviour in Elmira. Well as has happened before Chair Sandy Shantz hid from any possible response to her inaccurate and critical comments about my Delegation. Questions of Delegates are allowed but of course the Delegate answers such questions. Not Sandy: she makes a derogatory comment and then hides behind her being the Chair and her comment not being a question. She has pulled similar and worse stuff as Chair at Woolwich Council meetings when I've given a Delegation. At least now she seems to have gotten the message to keep her stupid mouth shut until AFTER the Delegate has completed their talk. .................................................................................................................... As I have stated here previously I responded in writing the next day to her uninformed and intentionally inaccurate comments. I sent them to all the RAC and TAG members as well as likely to all of Woolwich Council. It's long past time that she grew up and realized that there are still some people who won't swallow her bull.... and will respond with facts and knoweledge that she simply doesn't have. Maybe she is slowly learning. I could see a number of RAC attendees who seemed to me to be somewhat surprised at my virtual attendance. In fact as usual I chatted and kibbitzed (sp.?) with them on-line prior to the meeting. One of them included Lubna Hussain (MECP) who I gained some respect for based upon her up front demeanour and willingness to chat. .................................................................................................. I'll be blunt here. Not only did I crap all over Sandy's stupid comments about me at the previous RAC meeting but I've also on-line here had some truly harsh things to say about the "guilty parties", "fellow Travellors", "partners in pollution" etc. In other words certainly about all the RAC members. Truthful comments, accurate comments but also harsh . Despite this RAC members all minded their p's and q's and stuck to the Agenda and didn't make any uncalled for verbal cheap shots, including Sandy. As per the title above it's likely not shame but it could be resignation in that they may have learned that poking the bear will come back to bite them. Even when as usual they outnumber their opposition fifteen or more to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment