Saturday, November 28, 2015

ONE WOOLWICH LIAR IS MEETING HIS WATERLOO, ARE OTHERS NEXT?



Over the last year I have been asked my opinion as to whether Todd Cowan "stole" expense money. My answer has been that I don't know if he's a thief but I do know he is a liar. Possibly a pathological liar whose motive often isn't for personal gain but more for self agrandizement or even to simply get his way. If you aren't winning an argument then make up the facts and claim that you are 100% certain of them. Todd deserves credit for being the catalyst that is still destroying the myths and falsehoods surrounding the "cleanup" of the Elmira Aquifers. He deserves the discredit he is currently, publicly receiving for his apparent abuse of the expenses system designed to legitimately reimburse Woolwich politicians for their expenses on behalf of Woolwich citizens.

I received this morning a copy of an e-mail suggesting that Dick Jackson did not suggest signage and fencing for the length of the Canagagigue Creek because of the known DDT and Dioxin/Furan contamination in both the Floodplain and the creek sediments. While a number of known prevaricators were involved in these e-mails, I have zero reasons or evidence to include Mr. Jackson within that group. His response seems to be that he said (or meant to say??) that any "hot spots" along the length of the creek should be signed and fenced.

I wrote what I heard back at the November 5/15 meeting. Knowing the dishonesty and self serving nature of some Woolwich Township senior staff and politicians, I know that access to the tapes of meetings in Council Chambers is not available for honest citizens. That said let me also suggest the following: Could Dr. Jackson's clarification of what he said be somewhat akin to a homeowner putting signage and fencing across one end of his swimming pool because he knows his four year old child routinely pees as soon as he enters the water?

I mean really Dr. Jackson, you have indicated that the entire length of the creek needs professional, grid pattern testing to really know where the hot spots are. And yes as of right now we do have data (very old) that there is contamination in both the sediments and floodplain at specific sample points, extending the length of the creek (Jagumagi & Bedard 1995-96). If I misunderstood what you said then I apologize but I think you can understand how easily that misunderstanding occurred based upon the known facts of the situation.

Regarding other Woolwich liars meeting their Waterloo, I am of course referring to the abortion that has been the Elmira "cleanup". Probably eight to ten years ago I was publicly stating that "the cleanup is a sham". I also stated publicly that Conestoga Rovers, Chemtura's long time consultants were "client driven". I have wondered about the recent sale of CRA to GHD, whoever or whatever they are. The timing is interesting. All I know is that I would not want to be senior staff at CRA as Dr. Jackson continues to criticize their apparent incompetence. References to MLS (multi level sampling) being the industry norm for decades certainly raises concerns about CRA's professionalism. References to their failure to analyse DNAPL samples, contaminants in suspended sediments and much more are providing a clearer picture as to how Elmira residents have been ill served by my favourite partners in pollution namely Chemtura/CRA and the M.O.E..

Right now CPAC (Citizens Public Advisory Committee) and SWAT are fully enjoying this public thrashing at TAG meetings of the power brokers in charge of the twenty-six year deception. That said keep in mind as to how these committees were set up by Councillor Bauman and mayor Shantz. TAG can be scrupulously honest and forthright but can only make recommendations to RAC (Remediation Advisory Committee). Also to date the Woolwich Observer shockingly have not stepped up to fill this glaring hole in important, local coverage. Will we see as early as this Thursday (Dec. 3) at 4 pm. in Council Chambers how RAC will handle TAG's recommendations? Will the politicans and bureaucrats represented on RAC come to Chemtura's defence as they have in the past? Will they represent their interests rather than those of the public?

No comments:

Post a Comment