Friday, June 13, 2014

THE PASSING OF A GOOD PERSON (PAT POTTER)



Sunday May 18, 2014 at Quinte Health Care in Trenton, the world lost one of the good ones. Pat Potter left us and her family behind. There are always regrets when someone you know and like leaves this world and Pat is no exception. I and my wife Betty and two children met Pat at her home in Dunnville just over twenty years ago. We were introduced to her husband Chuck and her daughters Kathy, Toni and Patricia. Pat was no shrinking violet and we were just beginning our battle with Uniroyal Chemical at the time. Pat put it in perspective well when she told us what to expect. Over the years we did not get up to see her in Gilmour, south of Bancroft. That I will always regret. I did stay in touch occasionally by telephone and that was always enlightening. Whenever a crisis arose Pat could be counted on for good advice and a razor sharp perspective. It was Susan Rupert (Gow) who took us down to see Pat and her family all those years ago and I'm glad to say that I still keep in touch with Susan Rupert (Gow). Rich Clausi and I were both so impressed with Pat and Chuck that we had no difficulty, with their permission, in naming our new group the Elmira Environmental Hazards Team; after we left APT Environment in January 1994. The world has indeed lost a powerful, intelligent and articulate voice. My sympathies to her family and many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment