Thursday, March 27, 2014

CRUNCH TIME FOR WOOLWICH COUNCIL



Yesterday's posting here in the Advocate got the attention of one Woolwich Councilor who e-mailed me late last evening for details. He wanted to know who I had contacted at Woolwich Township with my suggestion and whether or not they had responded to me yet. I view this as a positive and have indicated that we will have a face to face discussion before the day is over. Two points to consider here. I have made it very clear here in the Advocate that while past Woolwich Councils have been hopeless and worse in regards to dealing with local environmental issues; the current one has been schizophrenic. While that discription may not be politically correct, frankly my dear I don't give a damn. This current Council have pleasantly surprised me in regards to some CPAC (Chemtura Public Advisory Committee) matters and action while then behaving in an incredibly petty and juvenile matter on others. Therefore Woolwich Council this is crunch time. You may wimp out, ignore your citizens in West Montrose and claim the Region of Waterloo has 100% responsibility OR you can take action yourselves. The second point deals with the urgency and timing. We haven't had the spring thaw and rains yet. They are actually scheduled for today and over the weekend. The shallow wells and groundwater will be likely to rise and bacteria levels spike in the wells. Any failure in the treatment system and this could be the spring that causes a catastrophe in West Montrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment