Tuesday, December 10, 2013

WHERE IS THE HUNDER PIT DECISION?



I and many others have been waiting patiently now for two months to find out what decision the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) are going to make regarding the proposed Hunder Pit between Conestogo and Winterbourne. I posted two articles on October 9/13 giving my summation of the hearing as well as my summation of the entire process. While I was positively impressed with the case made by the Conestoga Winterbourne Residents Association (CWRA), Woolwich Township and the two participants (Della Stroobacher & Bob Weber) I can not say the same for the overall OMB process. I must also add that the proponent, his lawyers, witnesses and various experts all did their job professionally and clearly.

I do not know if two months is a usual time frame for these decisions or not. I do know how much testimony and evidence was presented and while significant it was far from overwhelming. Whichever way the decision is going it is time. People need to get on with their lives and they need to know under what circumstances. There is an opportunity through this hearing to add a couple of new conditions to a go ahead decision. Whether that is a sticking point while the Chair gets legal advice or not I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment