Monday, March 19, 2012

SIDEWALK PLOWS IN ELMIRA



To date I've had very little if anything to say on this debate. Here goes. I have a corner property and while in good health and physically strong, I must admit to enjoying not having to shovel two long stretches of sidewalk after all three or four storms this winter. In other words I am getting older. That being said my joy of observing bare sidewalk that I have not shovelled is routinely dampened by the inability of the plough operator to stay on the damn sidewalk. Each and every time he/she tears up either my lawn or the boulevard. WE are NOT amused ! The next point of greater environmental concern is this. Are these plough operators shareholders in Sifto Salt or the salt mines in Goderich?. If not then what the hell is the matter with you? I can't believe how much stupid, environmentally damaging salt is being used on my and my neighbours sidewalks. This sidewalk ploughing is a great idea, especially for we very fast approaching retirement aged people but are these above problems really that insurmountable? If they are then please stop ploughing my sidewalk. I'll go back to doing the whole thing myself but at least it will be done properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment