Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dan, Richard & Ken: Intellectually I agree with you so why is it so hard for me to do it in practice?



I have been blessed with friends and colleagues who do their best to keep me grounded and aware of the bigger picture. Whether or not they agree o% or 100% with my opinions nevertheless they often are able to point out to me how my energy and enthusiasm could be misinterpreted. In the heat of writing this Blog I always attempt to be painfully honest whether criticising the Ministry of the Environment, Chemtura or local politicians. The problem arises with personal criticism of individuals. Perhaps my wee mind thinks that if the responsible individuals are willing to accept praise for their actions they should also be willing to accept personal criticism. Nevertheless I have accepted the overall principle that the three individuals above have suggested to me. Therefore as a start I am going to remove a couple of rude comments/adjectives/nouns that I used in yesterday's posting. I will endeavour to remain honest and direct while being less personally critical of individuals. In other words as I am advised, criticize the behaviour not the person. If only it were easier to do but I will continue to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment