Thursday, August 4, 2011

HUNDER GRAVEL PIT APPLICATION

Last Thursday July 28/11 I posted here that I had received a letter regarding this proposed gravel pit beside the Gold Course Rd. subdivision in Conestogo. Yesterday I went down to the Woolwich Township offices and was told that yes they would e-mail me this 11 page Township Engineering Report. I then drove home and lo and behold there it was already on my computer. I am quite surprised by this report. The supremacy of the Aggregate Resources Act in regards to the rights of citizens and Municipalities has long been a given. This Report prepared by Woolwich Staff is quite a departure from my understanding that most Municipalities would rather throw in the towel than get into a losing, expensive fight at the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). The saying that comes to my mind is that "Fools walk where angels fear to tread". At the same time keep something very much in focus. The Aggregate Resources Act should have been abolished or severely amended decades ago. It is a contemptible piece of legislation trampling upon citizens rights. This new Council were elected to basically fight it. It appears that they are so doing. WOW! What is wrong with this picture? Have we in Woolwich actually elected, at long last, a Council which will follow through on their promises? The public meeting/Council meeting to discuss this is next Tuesday in the Council Chambers at 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment