Saturday, November 6, 2010

SAFETY-KLEEN EXPANSION

Page 5 of today's Woolwich Observer has this story. I'm a bit perplexed. A week or so ago I (& the unwashed masses) were denied admittance to the groundbreaking ceremony. Defeated Mayoral candidate Bill Strauss was not however, perhaps as payback for his support over the years. This non admittance is not why I'm perplexed. The story in last week's K-W Record differentiated between two expansions, the one on site and the other behind their site on land formerly owned by Forwell Sand & Gravel. This story however while referring to my appeal (referral) to the O.M.B. seems to make it sound as if I'm appealing the whole nine yards. I and probably most of the public didn't even know about the major on site expansion. What I thought I was appealing was the inadequate remediation of the contaminated lands behind S.K. which would have parking and a warehouse constructed upon them. As I mentioned last week there are questions which need to be answered in regards as to what and when Woolwich Township Staff (& politicians) knew about the major $26 million, on site expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment