Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OMBUDSMAN GETTING A CRACK AT M.O.E.

Last month I filed a complaint with the Ontario Ombudsman in regards to the conduct and behaviour of the Ontario Ministry of the Environment. Specifically my complaint was in regards to the M.O.E.'s 1991 Control Order demanding removal of DNAPL (dense non aqueous phase liquid) from RPW 5, 6, 7, & 8. These four former ponds are in the southwest corner of the Uniroyal (Chemtura) site and have been known as the major source of contamination to the Municipal drinking water aquifer for decades.

I have received 3 phone calls to date from an investigater of the Ombudsman's office. He is requesting both my initial letter to the M.O.E. asking for them to enforce their own Control Order, as well as their written response(s) to me. I have advised him that this is an ongoing nearly twenty year scam by the M.O.E.. Nevertheless, this evening I will fax him some of the back and forth coorespondece on this issue. I do find it strange ,once again, that these government bodies seem to deal more verbally than in writing. This is not very professional in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment