Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OMBUDSMAN VS M.O.E. ?

I received at least my third phone call last night from Lawrence Swartz of the Ombudsman's office. There definitely seems to be a bias against written coorespondence which I don't fully understand. His questions again relate to coorespondence I've had with the M.O.E. about their not enforcing their 1991 Control Order in regards to source removal of DNAPLS (dense non aqueous phase liquids). He also seems stuck on a particular format of back and forth coorespondence between the M.O.E. and a complainant which quite frankly seems odd to me. Nevertheless he has decided to go with a letter/document researched primarily by myself and debated with the Soil & Water Committee of CPAC. This document is referred to as the July 2003 Request for Action and was unanimously voted on and agreed to by CPAC. Unfortunately since that date CPAC (Chemtura Public Advisory Committee) for all intents and purposes have repudiated their own document. Therefore Mr. lawrence states that he will now proceed to ask the M.O.E. for a formal response to this July 2003 document.

No comments:

Post a Comment