Thursday, September 30, 2010

CURIOUSER & CURIOUSER RE: OMB & SAFETY-KLEEN

Two days ago I received a phone call from a Virginia , allegedly of the Ontario Municipal Board (O.M.B.). It felt like a call from a telephone soliciter. She wants a $125 fee sent to her allegedly in regards to my referral of Woolwich Township's Official Plan Amendment # 15 (OPA # 15) to the O.M.B.. Back on September 14th here in the Advocate I described the strange phone message I received from the Region of Waterloo in regards to this referral to the O.M.B.. What the heck is going on? Does nobody deal through the written word any longer? Surely if you want money as a condition of democracy and access to official scrutiny, the very least you can do is put your request in writing. This phone call by the way was the first indication of an upfront fee being required that I've received.

No comments:

Post a Comment